Swiss CNC machining is a specific manufacturing technique that can turn metal stock into delicate, slender, and complex components that meet tight tolerance requirements. During this process, a Swiss-engineered CNC-operated lathe radially turns the metal stock while it is being cut into its final form. The process is not only cost-efficient, but it also allows for excellent precision when compared to similar manufacturing methods.
Swiss CNC Machining Applications
Various industries and applications require extremely precise, small components manufactured within near-perfect tolerances. Through the use of state-of-the-art equipment, Swiss CNC machining is the ideal manufacturing method for producing intricate parts ranging from medical tools and spinal implants to miniature aerospace components and more.
Swiss machining is notably popular in these industries:
- Consumer electronics
- Military and government
- Power distribution and power equipment
- Lawn and garden
- Oil & gas
- Musical instruments
- Medical equipment and devices
Benefits of Swiss CNC Machining
CNC Swiss machining has significantly grown in popularity due to its ability to rapidly produce very small, precise parts in high production volumes. Some of the most important benefits of Swiss CNC machining include:
- Extremely tight tolerances. Swiss machines securely keep the workpiece directly next to the point of operation during the entire duration of the machining process. This firm placement close to the tooling operation allows the workpiece to be practically unaffected by the force of the tools. This ensures a high level of precision with very tight tolerances regardless of the small size of the workpiece.
- Can produce complex parts. The excellent support of the bar stock during the machining process allows Swiss machining to produce incredibly complex products. Swiss machining is a popular choice for intricate pieces that require delicate features, thin walls, and deep cuts.
- Efficient output. Cycle times of Swiss machines tend to be significantly faster than other types of CNC machines. While most machines can require over an hour to produce a single part, Swiss machining can achieve 30 parts per hour, contingent on size and complexity.
- Ready to ship. Swiss machines produce such high-quality results that the need for further machining is often minimized. In many applications, parts produced from Swiss machining are ready to ship directly out of the machine.
Why You Can Trust Modern Industries Swiss CNC Machining
The machining capabilities at Modern Industries now include CNC Swiss precision machining. Our newly acquired Swiss Tsugami B0326-II provides production flexibility in addition to reduced material costs. It can quickly change over tooling to minimize production times to ensure fast turnarounds for your project.
Additional capabilities include:
- Chucking or Guide Bushing Capability
- Syncronized Machining with Main and Sub Spindle
- 12-Ft. Bar Length Capacity
Our company has a thorough understanding of commercial value chains and the key role our services play in our customers’ success. Our specialized, complementary divisions allow us to offer quality services that deliver a competitive edge for your business. With over 70 years of experience manufacturing precision components, you can count on Modern Industries to provide superior Swiss CNC machining services to meet your needs.