Modern Industries is a second generation family owned business established in 1946 by a returning WWII veteran who was driven to build a company that would have a positive impact on all those involved with his endeavor. The underlying characteristics of Modern’s founder, Herb Sweny, were the foundation of his new venture and help define who we are today:
- Tough, Fair and Honest business practices
- Strong Work Ethic
- Focus on Improvement
- Do the Right Thing and Do the Thing Right
Modern has grown into a four division, vertically integrated provider of manufacturing and industrial support services. Whether looking for turnkey finished products and assemblies or individual services; Modern offers nearly 70 years of engineering experience and technical know-how to a wide variety of commercial, mobile, industrial, aerospace markets.
What we do
- We make the parts that industry needs to build their products, with Precision Machining Services.
- We make metals tougher & stronger through Thermal Processing.
- We help you assure product quality with Materials Testing Services.
- We make machine operators more efficient with Quick Change Modular Workholding and Toolholding Devices.
- We make industrial equipment operate effectively and last longer with customized Motion Control Devices.
Modern Industries Today
- Over 200 Employees in Western Pennsylvania
- Sales in more than a dozen countries around the world
- Operations in Erie, Pittsburgh, Meadville and Kersey PA
- Average length of employment is greater than 8 years
- Quality Certifications to AS-9100D, IATF-16949, ISO-17025, ISO-9001, Nadcap