is your regional leader in commercial heat treating. We take pride in our modern facilities, advanced process techniques, and state-of-the-art network systems.
With convenient locations throughout Pennsylvania, Modern is the largest source for heat treating in Northwestern Pennsylvania and we regularly provide our services to companies from the automotive, aeronautical, aerospace, medical, military, and tool & die industries.
Our services include:
- Batch Processing:
- Normalizing with Protective Atmosphere
- Deep Case Carburizing
- CNC Straightening
- Solution Treating
- Aging – to the latest AMS revisions
- Continuous Belt Processing: Polymer/Water, or Oil Quench Capability.
- Vacuum Processing: Argon Gas, Nitrogen Gas, and Oil Quenching Capability.
- Induction Hardening
- Nitriding and Ferritic Nitrocarburizing.
- Stress Relieving Processes.
- Aluminum Process (6 Second Quench): Quick Quench Aluminum Processing, Aging Furnaces.
- Tempering: Full complement of over 30 tempering furnaces.
- Deep Freezing: Cryogenics to -300 F
- Carbon Restoration
- Post Heat Treat Cleaning
- Sand Blasting
- Shot Blasting
- Wet & Dry Tumbling
- Surface Cleaning & Preparation
- Support Systems:
- Computerized Furnace Controlling System
- Furnace Management Network Systems for the continuous control and tracking of key heat treating parameters.
- Three-way gas analysis of CO2, CO, and CH4 in addition to O2 probes.