Modern Industries is your regional leader in commercial heat treating. We take pride in our modern facilities, advanced process techniques, and state-of-the-art network systems.
With convenient locations throughout Pennsylvania, Modern is the largest source for heat treating in Northwestern Pennsylvania and we regularly provide our services to companies from the automotive, aeronautical, aerospace, medical, military, and tool & die industries.
Our services include:
- Batch Processing:
- Normalizing with Protective Atmosphere
- Deep Case Carburizing
- CNC Straightening
- Solution Treating
- Aging – to the latest AMS revisions
- Continuous Belt Processing: Polymer/Water, or Oil Quench Capability.
- Vacuum Processing: Argon Gas, Nitrogen Gas, and Oil Quenching Capability.
- Induction Hardening
- Nitriding and Ferritic Nitrocarburizing.
- Stress Relieving Processes.
- Aluminum Process (6 Second Quench): Quick Quench Aluminum Processing, Aging Furnaces.
- Tempering: Full complement of over 30 tempering furnaces.
- Deep Freezing: Cryogenics to -300 F
- Carbon Restoration
- Post Heat Treat Cleaning
- Sand Blasting
- Shot Blasting
- Wet & Dry Tumbling
- Surface Cleaning & Preparation
- Support Systems:
- Computerized Furnace Controlling System
- Furnace Management Network Systems for the continuous control and tracking of key heat treating parameters.
- Three-way gas analysis of CO2, CO, and CH4 in addition to O2 probes.
Benefits to our customers:
- Processing variables digitally tracked and archived for seven years.
- On-site Metallurgical Testing laboratory
- Corporate trucking and logistics offered as value-added service to customers
- Quality Certifications: Heat Treat facilities are ISO-9001:2015, IATF-16949:2016, and Nadcap certified
- Local partnerships with several plating, tinning & galvanizing, and forging companies
Heat Treating and Thermal Processing
We are the largest source for heat treating located in Northwestern Pennsylvania, and one of the largest in the tri-state area. Modern regularly provides full heat treating services to the automotive, aerospace, medical, military, and tool & die industries.
- TS-16949 certified
- NADCAP certified
- Harden & temper
- Ferritic nitro-carburizing (Triniding)
- Short cycle nitriding
- Vaccum processing
- Induction hardening
- Aluminum heat treatment
- Normalizing/stress relieving/annealing
- Cryogenic deep freezing
- Carbon restoration
- Sand blasting
- Tumble shot blasting
- Table shot blasting
- Vacuum brazing
- 100% hardness testing
- Dimensional inspections, CMM available
All process variables are computer uploaded and downloaded. All data and documentation will be stored for a minimum of 7 years.